This page contains a collection of reported problems that prevent RoboBridge from working normally.
1 Possible causes for not being able to install RoboBridge:
1.1 The Microsoft .Net framework on your PC is missing or is too old
This is the problem when you get errors like:
The solution: Install the latest framework from the Microsoft website.
- System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
- System.IO.FileLoadException: Kan bestand of assembly System.Core, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes of een van de afhankelijkheden niet laden. De gegeven assembly-naam of -codebasis is ongeldig. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80131047)
- Det gick inte att läsa in System.Net.Cookie Container från sammansättningen System.Net.Version=126.96.36.199. Culture=Neutral.PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
- System Update Required. Unable to install or run this application. This application requires your system to be updated to Microsof Common Language Runtime Version 4.0.30319.0
On Windows XP: Install
On Windows Vista and Windows 7: Install
Install all updates that come through Windows Update.
1.2 Firefox browser
Firefox does not support ClickOnce.
Try using Internet Explorer once: just for installing RoboBridge. After installing RoboBridge you can go back to Firefox.
Another workaround: install this Firefox add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1608
1.3 Application cache corrupt
The application cache is a part Windows in which applications like RoboBridge can save the user settings.
If you get an error during the check for a new version of RoboBridge that contains "COMException" and "HRESULT: 0x800736B3" this indicates a corruption of this cache.
The resolution is to delete the folder "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps". On my Vista machine that is "c:\users\job\Local Settings\Apps" and on my XP machine that is "c:\documents and settings\job\Local Settings\Apps".
This will remove all settings of all .Net applications! For RoboBridge it means you will have to create your convention card again.
2 Possible causes for not being able to start RoboBridge:
2.1 Installation is corrupt
Example messages when loading RoboBridge:
- unable to load type .... from assembly ....
- or no message at all; just a silent fail
Remove and re-install RoboBridge.
Steps to uninstall:
- Open control panel
- Add/remove programs
- Select RoboBridge
- Click on the remove button
After that you will have to install RoboBridge again:
- Go to www.RoboBridge.com
- Go to the Install tab
- Press the Install button
If this does not help, follow the instructions from 1.3 Application cache corrupt
2.2 Norton removes RoboBridge
This link has a post from Norton explaining how to prevent SONAR removing harmless software:
3 Possible causes for not being able to participate in online tournaments:
RoboBridge requires access to its website for participation in online tournaments and for reporting errors.